Family Provision Applications | Legal Advice from a Sunshine Coast Solicitor | Argon Law

0 Comments **SUBSCRIBE! Let a Sunshine Coast lawyer inform you on the intricacies of Queensland law**

When someone dies, leaving an estate in Queensland, there are certain people who have the right to apply to the courts over how the assets are distributed from the estate.

You can only bring such an application if you are a spouse of the deceased or a dependant of the deceased.

Just because you’re able to bring such an application does not mean your application will be approved. The question the court asks is, “Has adequate provision been made for your proper maintenance and support?”

There are no set conditions that constitute these provisions as adequate, it’s simply based on details within the individual case.

Some of the things courts do take into consideration are: The financial position, age and capacity of the applicant. The size and make-up of the deceased estate. The relationship between the deceased and the applicant and the deceased and other beneficiaries.
Video Rating: / 5

family legal advice

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
Testimonials Disclosure
Linking Policy
Affiliate Agreement
FTC Statement
Amazon Affiliate
External Links Policy
Affiliate Disclosure
FB Policy
About Us