Child Support Enforcement | How to Get Money from a Deadbeat Parent – Get Answers to Your Personal Child Support Enforcement Questions Online Now from an Expert Attorney:

This video explains the four steps you can take without a lawyer to enforce child support against a parent who owes it.

Step 1: Send a Demand Letter to show you have been trying to collect without involving the authorities.
Step 2: File a Motion to Enforce Court Order and set it for hearing. The court clerk in the county you live will have the forms you can use and assist you with setting your child support enforcement matter for hearing.
Step 3: Attend the hearing and explain to the Judge what happened and why you are there trying to seek assistance with child support enforcement.
Step 4: If he/she still refuses to comply get the family support unit of the District Attorney’s office involved for your state. You should also go back to the Judge and ask for the deadbeat to be thrown in jail for an attitude adjustment.

No advice

This video contains general information about legal matters. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such.

The legal information is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. David Stewart makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website.

Professional assistance

You must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider.

If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider.

You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.

Video Rating: / 5 In this episode, Attorney Brad Tengler interviews Attorney Maureen McFarland, an assistant Attorney General, who helps those receiving public aid obtain child support.
“Divorce Talk radio does not give legal advice .To obtain legal advice, you need to retain an attorney in your own jurisdiction.”
Video Rating: / 5

legal aid child support

2 thoughts on “Child Support Enforcement | How to Get Money from a Deadbeat Parent”

Comments are closed.